Organization: Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA)
Position: Managing Director, Full-time
Overview: For Three decades, the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA) has provided Leadership and a strong voice on behalf of the Hunting and Sport Shooting Industry in Canada. Currently the CSAAA is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion and understanding of not only the Hunting and Sport Shooting Industry but the political landscape our industry currently faces as well to fill the position of Managing Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for many areas of business within the organization and will report directly to the board of directors of the CSAAA. This will be a remote position with some travel expected.
- proven work experience in sales or business administration
- must have valid driver’s licence
- must have valid passport
- ability to communicate in French is an asset
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- superb interpersonal skills
- experience using computers for a variety of tasks including Word, Excel and outlook
- successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal background check
- basic accounting, bookkeeping including Quickbooks, WooCommerce,
- maintaining membership database
- maintaining external services providers including website, e-commerce, email, accounting, and bookkeeping
- supporting Board of Directors, organizing meetings, keeping minutes running elections, other duties as assigned by Board
- maintain Not-for-Profit Corporate reporting
- renewing and soliciting memberships
- member communications including monthly e-newsletter, e-blasts, monthly column for CATF
- plan and execute member events (trade shows, shoots) as directed by the Board
- maintaining relationships with member service providers including CFIB, US Commercial Services
- responding to member email/phone calls and trouble-shooting issues with relevant agencies
- tracking and reporting on all provincial and federal legislation and report to Board, follow up as directed
- maintain and build relationships with provincial and federal politicians, Government departments and agencies relevant departments including Public Safety, RCMP, CBSA, Global Affairs, Transport Canada, Natural Resources Canada, etc.
- Draft and respond to legislative issues at the direction of the Board, participate in Government processes and meetings
Salary: negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
*Canadidate must be able to enter Government buildings and participate in in-person meetings under current federal and provincial guidelines as well as provide a clean criminal background check.
Please email your resume and a cover letter telling us what you can bring to the organization to CSAAA Treasurer of the Board of Directors Jason Beuermann: [email protected]