– Alison de Groot Retires
– Welcoming our new Managing Director
– Events for 2022
Member and Industry Resources
– CFIB and what they do for CSAAA Members
– Firearm industry friendly business support with Telos Alpha!
– Insurance that understands firearms with CapriCMW
Industry News and Information
– Has your firearm made the “prohibited” list yet?
– Shipping & Receiving Challenges
** Alison de Groot Retires
The CSAAA would like to thank Alison de Groot for six years of hard work and dedication. Alison had a very respected reputation in the Canadian government, and was well respected by our industry. While we are saddened by her decision to retire, we wish her nothing but the best and wish her a very happy retirement.
** CSAAA’s New Managing Director
We would like to welcome Jennifer Leigh Gadbois to the role of Managing Director. Jenn hit the ground running at the end of December and is very excited to support and lead our industry with CSAAA. She is a passionate sport shooter, hunter and outdoorsperson.
** Event Planning For 2022 Is Going Strong!
We have received many inquired about 2022 events. Events for 2022 are currently being planned and more details will be released shortly. We are looking forward to getting our industry events back on track, and we can’t wait to see everyone soon.
** Your CSAAA Membership Includes a CFIB Membership
Your CSAAA membership includes a membership with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) and all of its small business services and tools through our group partnership.
What can CFIB do for you and your business?
– Offer business advice and information resources regarding compliance, regulatory and human resource issues.
– COVID crisis support for your business as they push the government for better relief measures
– Various templates for human resources, business policies, privacy policies, employees policies and more
– Advising for labour laws, taxes, permits, licensing and more.
– Quick, easy to follow online learning for you and your employees on growing your online retail business, WHIMIS training, starting and managing a business, health and safety and much more.
– CSAAA members get to take advantage of CFIB’s savings program to save money with Chase, Telus, Scotiabank, Payworks, QuickBooks and many more service fees.
CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits our CSAAA members receive through CFIB.
** Telos Alpha: For North American Firearm, Hunting & Sporting Goods Companies
Telos Alpha empowers and enables their clients to grow, thrive and ascend to their maximum contribution in the firearms industry. They gather together the best in class services that are vetted to be firearms friendly and open to long term business relationships.
Telos Alpha offer?
-Merchant Processing: Firearms friendly merchant processing with competitive rates and no limit on transaction volumes.
-ECommerce Solutions: Build you a gun store for 10 products, or 10 thousand using proven, secure and scalable technology.
-Marketing Automation: a suite of Online Marketing Tools that streamline and make sense of Social Media.
-Firearm Business Consulting: The guidance and advice you need to be on your path towards growth and profitability.
For more information on Telos Alpha, CLICK HERE!
** CapriCMW: Firearm Industry Insurance
CapriCMW are the national insurance specialists to the firearms community. They provide insurance products, support and innovative risk-related solutions to a broad spectrum of firearm related businesses from manufacturers to clubs.
How can CapriCMW’s firearm industry specialists help your business?
– CapriCMW is the only brokerage in Canada actively specializing in insurance for the firearms community
-They have proprietary insurance programs that have been built in direct support of the firearms community
-CapriCMW actively seeks to support in more ways then just insurance, IE working with other specialists that support (Telos Alpha ), donating and supporting associations etc.
-They have a team of 5 people here to ensure their clients get the best customer service, across the country.
Click Here for more information about CapriCMW.
** The Always Growing List. Stay Up To Date.
Has your firearm made the “prohibited” or ban list yet?
Firearms are continuously being added to the ban list.
Armalytics offers up to date information regarding newly classified firearms.
“Armalytics provides users with the ability to explore and track the public version of the Canadian Firearms Reference Table.
Data is sourced from the Firearms Reference Table (Public Version) as authored by the RCMP and made available on their website. Updates to the RCMP document are usually reflected on armalytics.ca within 4hr and tagged with the Valid As Of Date property.
Armalytics strives to provide the most accurate information possible however data extraction from PDFs is not perfect. That being said we estimate that 99.6% of the Firearm Reference Number records contained on the site are both accurate and complete.”
** Shipping & Receiving Challenges
CSAAA is working hard to rectify our challenges with shipping and receiving ammunition and firearms. Please stay tuned as we will offer updates as soon as we can.