Shipping Ammunition With Purolator
If your business is experiencing roadblocks with shipping ammunition within’ Canada, through Purolator the information below will help get you set up. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
CSAAA recognizes that Canada Post shipping would currently be our only way to send ammunition Canada wide and we continue to work with Canada Post, Transport Canada and our politicial contacts to get Canada Post to accept ammunition shippments.
K eep in mind:
- You can only ship ammunition by ground with purolator.
- When filling out the online form to ship, if you do not see an option to click for “dangerous goods” you cannot ship to that address.
- Each box of ammunition must weigh under 5kg.
- Each shipment must weigh under 30kg.
Send an email to [email protected] requesting an account with the ability to ship dangerous goods. Some businesses receive a response that they are not eligible, but that is not the case. You may need to argue that many companies in Canada like yours are shipping ammunition via Purolator, especially larger chains or distributors.
You will receive a form called – Dangerous Goods Service Intake Form ( CLICK HERE).
- UN0012 Ammunition
- UN0044 Primers
The Dangerous Goods representative may contact you and request multiple other documents and photos including:
- MSDS forms for everything you will be shipping. (see forms below).
– CARTRIDGES – CENTERFIRE
– CARTRIDGES – RIMFIRE
- Proof of your Dangerous Goods Shipping Certification. (Transportation of Dangerous Goods – TDG training is available from Safety Training & Consulting ( CLICK HERE)
Photos of the packages ready to send must include both the inside and outside of the box/package.
Packages should be secured properly – no paper tape or wrapping.
Make sure your label is secured properly to avoid package loss. tips
Labels must be NEW at least 50mm.